Robert Norkus, Executive Director
Doug Maloney, Legal Counsel – Begley, Carlin, Mandio
Al Gougler, Chairman
Bensalem Township Population Statistics
- With a population over 60,000 Bensalem Township is the 9th largest Municipality in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- The median income is $60,401.
- The median home price is $258,000.
- The median age is 40.8
In Bensalem you can enjoy all four seasons. Overall the climate is moderate and pleasant thanks to the close proximity to the warm Gulf Stream in the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Comfort Index at 7.3 is above the national average.
- The average high in January is 40° and the average low is 26°.
- The average high in July is 87° .and the average low is 69°.
- Bensalem Township gets an average of 11″ of snow and 40″ of rain per year. (U.S. average is 28″ of snow and 38″ of rain)
The Bensalem Township School District spends over $20,500 per student. This compares to $12,400 nationally or 65% higher than the national average.
Bensalem Township- Things to Do and Places to Go
Bensalem Township Has been on Money Magazine’s annual “100 Best Places to Live” multiple times. Listed below are some of the amenities.
- Penn Community Bank Amphitheater- With the finest outdoor entertainment the Penn Community Amphitheater is the highlight of Bensalem’s Central Park
- Neshaminy State Park- With 339 acres and located on the Delaware River in Bensalem Neshaminy State Park offers picnic areas, a swimming pool, hiking, and boating access.
- Bensalem Country Club
- Parx Casino- The biggest casino gaming facility in Pennsylvania.
- Parx Racing- The best Thoroughbred racing in the region!
- Xcite Center- Located in the Parx Casino the Xcite Center brings in some of the top acts in show business.
- We are on the border of Philadelphia, the first World Heritage City in the U.S.
- Colonial Philadelphia including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Constitution Center, and many more Colonial Era buildings and exhibits.
- Great performing arts at venues such as the Kimmel Center and numerous theaters with Broadway shows. The Philadelphia Orchestra is one of the finest in the U.S.
- A wealth of fine museums including the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Franklin Institute.
- The Philadelphia Sports Complex with pro Football, Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey.
- Enjoy Broadway shows in New York City without the high cost of living there. Just an 80 mile car ride or take a quick trip by train trip from Bensalem.
The Delaware Valley in known as one of the best centers for excellent dining. Numerous Pubs, Ethnic Restaurants, and Fine Dining to choose from. Oh, and don’t forget those Phamous Philly Cheesesteaks!
- Neshaminy Mall with a 24 screen AMC movie theater is located in Bensalem with several more malls within minutes.
- The world famous King of Prussia Mall is just 30 miles away.
- There are many fine boutiques throughout Bucks County.
- Sesame Place- a water and them park for kids, is a mere 6 miles away.
- Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom- A first class amusement and water park with fun for the entire family, just an hour away.
- Six Flags Great Adventure- 35 miles from Bensalem, Six Flags and Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure is another fun place to take the family.
- New Jersey Beaches- Sun bathing on a beach is as close as 55 miles.
- Pocono Mountains- Summer fun and winter skiing less than 100 miles from Bensalem.
Bensalem has a premier public school system. Bensalem Township School District was recently ranked as the 25th most diverse school district in the United States and 2nd most diverse in Pennsylvania. Bensalem’s Gifted Student program has been a model for other districts in Pennsylvania. Bensalem also boasts some of the best sports facilities in Pennsylvania and even the U.S.
In addition, Bensalem Township has other great education options including parochial and charter schools along with private schools such as Holy Ghost Prep. Bensalem is also convenient to many fine universities such as the University of Pennsylvania (Penn), Temple University, Drexel and Villanova Universities along with many others.
Great healthcare is a must. Bensalem is the home of Rothman Orthopaedic Institute. The Philadelphia area has many major healthcare centers and universities including Penn Medicine (University of Pennsylvania), Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (University of Pennsylvania), Temple University and Jefferson University Hospitals.