Bensalem is a great place to live,
work, raise a family and enjoy life! Bensalem Township has been listed on Money Magazine’s annual “100 Best Places to Live” multiple times. Check out some of Bensalem’s favorite attractions:
Bensalem is home to Rothman Orthopaedic Institute and close to the region’s finest healthcare centers and universities including Penn Medicine (University of Pennsylvania), Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (University of Pennsylvania), Temple University and Jefferson University Hospitals.
Bensalem is truly central to everything needed for a successful business, and is centrally located to everything that makes life fun! Bensalem Township is at the crossroads of Interstate 95, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and U.S. Route 1.
- Bensalem Township is in Bucks County, Pennsylvania on the northern border of Philadelphia and less than 30 minutes from Center City.
- Bensalem Township is on the Delaware River, just a short haul (15 miles) from the Port of Philadelphia.
- Bensalem Township is along the Northeast Corridor with major freight and commuter rail lines.
- Bensalem Township also has convenient access to major air transportation, just 27 miles from Philadelphia International Airport and 65 miles from Newark Liberty International Airport.
The Bensalem Township School District is a premier public school system. spending over $20,500 per student each year. This compares to $12,400 nationally, or 65% higher than the national average.
Bensalem Township has other top-notch education options, including parochial and charter schools as well as private schools such as Holy Ghost Prep. And Bensalem is convenient to exceptional universities such as the University of Pennsylvania, Temple University, Drexel and Villanova Universities, and many more.
The Bensalem business and residential communities are safe and secure. The Bensalem Township Police Department is recognized as one of the premier law enforcement agencies in Pennsylvania.
World-class events in nearby Philadelphia, and just a short train ride to NYC!
- We border Philadelphia, the first World Heritage City in the U.S.
- Colonial Philadelphia is home to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Constitution Center, and many more Colonial-era buildings and exhibits.
- Enjoy great performing arts at venues such as the Kimmel Center and numerous theaters. The Philadelphia Orchestra is one of the finest in the U.S.
- Broaden your outlook at a wealth of fine museums including the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Franklin Institute.
- Cheer on our Philadelphia teams: NFL Eagles, NHL Flyers, MLB Phillies, NBA 76ers, and MLS Union.
- Enjoy Broadway shows and attractions in New York City without the high cost of living there. Just an 80-mile car ride, or take a quick trip by train from Bensalem.
The Delaware Valley in known as one of the best centers for excellent meals with numerous pubs, ethnic restaurants, and fine dining to choose from. And don’t forget those Phamous Philly Cheesesteaks!
It’s Always Sunny in…
In Bensalem you can enjoy all four seasons and a moderate climate thanks to the close proximity to the warm Gulf Stream in the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Comfort Index at 7.3 is above the national average.
- The average high in January is 40° and the average low is 26°.
- The average high in July is 87° and the average low is 69°.
- Bensalem Township gets an average of 11” of snow and 40” of rain per year. (U.S. average is 28” of snow and 38” of rain.)
To attract, retain and grow quality businesses by serving as a dependable resource for economic development.
To create the best possible environment for business and economic growth for our community.