Bensalem’s community and businesses are taking a stand against theft, which is becoming a critical…
If transportation is an essential issue for your business, Bensalem has got you covered. Whether it’s needed for a local workforce or your business spans the globe, Bensalem is well-positioned to meet your needs.
Why is Transportation Important?
Transportation plays a crucial role in many businesses’ overall functioning and success. Key reasons include:
- Supply Chain Management: Transportation is a fundamental part of the supply chain, which involves the movement of components, raw materials, and finished products from suppliers to manufacturers, and from manufacturers to distributors, retailers, and ultimately, to customers.
- Timely Delivery: Businesses must deliver products or services to customers on time to meet their demands and maintain customer satisfaction. Reliable transportation systems enable businesses to meet delivery schedules and prevent operational disruptions.
- Cost Control: Efficient transportation helps businesses control costs. By optimizing routes, using different modes of transportation, and reducing fuel consumption, companies can save money on transportation expenses.
- Market Expansion: Transportation allows businesses to expand their reach and tap into new domestic and international markets. It enables them to access a larger customer base, which can lead to improved sales and revenue.
- Competitive Advantage: Businesses offering quicker and more reliable transportation services may gain a competitive edge in the market. This is especially true for industries where fast delivery is a significant factor, such as e-commerce.
- Inventory Management: Efficient transportation can reduce businesses’ need to maintain high inventory levels. Products can be shipped “just in time,” minimizing costs and the risks of getting stuck with obsolete inventory.
- Customer Service: Timely and reliable transportation services improve customer service and satisfaction. Meeting delivery deadlines and offering various shipping options can help retain customers and attract new ones.
- Risk Mitigation: Diversifying transportation options and having contingency plans in place can help businesses mitigate risks associated with disruptions, such as natural disasters, strikes, or supply chain interruptions.
No matter your priorities, transportation options in Bensalem can help your business reach your goals.
Bensalem borders Philadelphia, the nation’s sixth-largest city. We have a well-maintained network of local and state roads and the East Coast’s main north-south interstate, I-95. There’s also extensive public transportation through SEPTA, including local bus and regional rail services covering Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs.
Across the Region and the United States
If you need material to come to your business and you ship products out, the nearby interstate system can serve your needs. You can access I-276 which leads to Pittsburgh and points further west. You can also go north from that interstate on I-476, which connects to I-80. That’s a major truck route that runs from New Jersey to California.
If you go east on I-276, it takes you to I-95/New Jersey Turnpike. That can take you north to Maine, south to Florida, and points in between. If you receive or ship cargo by rail, that’s available in the area.
You can get to Washington, DC, or go north to New York City and Boston through Amtrak. If airport access is essential, Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is on the city’s southern side (Bensalem is on its northeast border), and you can drive or take Amtrak to Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey. You can drive to PHL or use SEPTA.
PHL is a major airport that, in 2022, saw more than 20 million passenger trips and about 265,000 short tons of freight go in and out of the facility. If people involved in your company use private planes or jets, Northeast Philadelphia Airport is very close by.
Around the Globe
If you use imported material or export your goods, besides the international airports, there are ports from Baltimore to New York City (including Philadelphia). PHL flights come and go from 22 countries, including Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, Ireland, the United Kingdom, the Bahamas, Portugal, Jamaica, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and Qatar.
The Bensalem Economic Development Corporation Can Help Your Business
If you want to grow your business, Bensalem may be the right place for the employees and customers you seek. Call the BEDC at (484) 354-0287 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.